Recipe by It's Good to be Queen!
Nice stir fry at home
Top Review by cooking with love
I needed dinner fast and remembered that I had signed up to make this for PAC 2012. I had all of the stuff at home and made it in a flash. It was great. The stir fry sauce I had was Szechuan so it had a bit of heat but it was still so good. Thank you for the inspiration. Don't need to pick up Chinese anymore if I keep all of this at home.
- 1 (16 ounce) packagecleaned & cut stir fry vegetables
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup stir-fry sauce, Your favorite brand
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted roasted cashews
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch vegetables 2-3 min in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender. Drain; transfer to bowl of ice water. Drain and set aside.
- Place chicken in small bowl. Add 1 Tbsp of water at a time, working in with hands until water is absorbed into chicken. Sprinkle cornstarch over chicken and work in with hands to coat all pieces.
- Drizzle oil around sides of stir-fry pan; tilt pan to distribute evenly. Heat oil in pan on HIGH until oil faintly smokes. (If oil smokes too much, pan is too hot.)
- Add chicken; stir fry 2 minute Add garlic; stir fry 1 min (careful not to burn). Add sauce; toss to coat. Remove chicken and sauce from pan; set aside. Wipe pan clean.
- Return pan to heat. Drizzle oil around sides of pan; tilt pan to distribute evenly. Heat oil in pan on HIGH until oil faintly smokes. (If oil smokes too much, pan is too hot.) Stir fry vegetables 1 minute Return chicken and sauce to pan along with cashews; toss to heat through, about 30 seconds.