Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the thrift store cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 cups plum jam or 1 1⁄4 cups preserves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cashews
- 2 cups steamed rice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 slice fresh ginger, thin slice, dime-size
- 1 sliced garlic clove, thin slice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 broiler chickens, cut in serving pieces
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- Combine cornstarch and plum jam in saucepan, stirring until smooth as possible.
- Crush together thoroughly ginger and garlic with salt.
- Add this to plum mixture along with water, oyster sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, accent, and red food coloring.
- Cook sauce over low heat, stirring constantly, until it is thickened.
- Arrange broiled chicken in a single layer on a large heat-proof platter.
- Cover chicken pieces completely with the sauce and sprinkle them generously with chopped cashews.
- Heat the chiken in oven at 350 until hot.
- Serve with rice.