Recipe Junkie's Note:
From the thrift store cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups plum jam or 1 1/4 cups preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 2 cups steamed rice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 slice fresh ginger, thin slice, dime-size
- 1 sliced garlic clove, thin slice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 broiler chickens, cut in serving pieces
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1Combine cornstarch and plum jam in saucepan, stirring until smooth as possible.
- 2Crush together thoroughly ginger and garlic with salt.
- 3Add this to plum mixture along with water, oyster sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, accent, and red food coloring.
- 4Cook sauce over low heat, stirring constantly, until it is thickened.
- 5Arrange broiled chicken in a single layer on a large heat-proof platter.
- 6Cover chicken pieces completely with the sauce and sprinkle them generously with chopped cashews.
- 7Heat the chiken in oven at 350 until hot.
- 8Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cashew Chicken With Plum Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (766 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1496.0
- Calories from Fat 697
- Total Fat 77.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 345.0 mg
- Sodium 1132.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 50.4 g
- Protein 91.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: