Recipe by mommyoffour
We really like stir-fries and this one is no exception. I like the combo of veggies with the chicken. The sauce is simple and basic asian flavors.
Top Review by pattikay in L.A.
This is a great basic stir-fry mixture. I used all the veggies listed and the only additions I made were a bit of chopped onion, a drop of sesame oil and a shake of crushed red pepper. I did use a bit less chicken broth and less cornstarch. Thanks for posting!
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh snow pea
- 1 1⁄2 cups cashews
- hot cooked rice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, heat 3 T. chicken broth.
- Meanwhile, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger and remaining broth until smooth; set aside.
- Add chicken to the skillet; stir-fry over medium heat until no longer pink, about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Add garlic, carrots and celery; stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli and peas; stir fry for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir broth mixture; add to the skillet with chicken.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir in cashews.
- Serve over rice , if desired.