Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
I love stir-fries cause they are so quick to fix and you can dump just about anything that you have in them. This one is no exception! Chicken and cashews yum...I usually serve this with veggie fried rice.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, in 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 cups fresh stir fry vegetables
- 1 cup frozen pea pods, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, toasted in oven
- In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, sherry, ginger, garlic and sugar.
- Add chicken mix lightly.
- Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken; stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or.
- until chicken turns white.
- Stir in vegetables; stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
- Dissolve cornstarch in reserved marinade mixture; mixing until well blended.
- Add to chicken mixture.
- Stir-fry until sauce is thickened.
- Stir in cashews.
- Serve over prepared vegetable fried rice.
Definitely a do again recipe! I used all fresh veggies and only cooked them til they were heated through and still crunchy ( especially the peppers and the pea pods). I added 1 tsp chili flakes. Great recipe Laurie thanks for posting it
I didn't have fresh vegetables so had to use frozen so they were a bit mushy but the flavor was excellent. The next time I make it, I'll make sure to use fresh veggies.
Wow! We loved this stir fry. I made it exactally as written. I have never roasted cashews before and my first set burned. Second set I roasted at 450 degrees for around 3 minutes and that worked. I wasn't sure how much cornstarch to add so I added one teaspoon, and that amount was just about right. Thanks so much for sharing.