Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you are a stir-fry lover, then this is a must try, ...the original recipe did not call for any fresh chopped garlic, the choice is up to you whether you want to add it or not (I prefer this recipe with added garic). Don't leave out the cashew nuts, they seem to bring out extra flavor in this stir-fry dish.
- 1 lb boneless chicken, cut into 1 inch strips
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup liquid honey
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 green onions, cut up
- 2 -3 cloves chopped garlic (optional)
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 cup cashew nuts (more if desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small cup, combine the juice, soy sauce, honey, cornstarch and seasonings.
- In a wok, heat 1 Tbsp oil until it begins to smoke.
- Stir-fry the veggies for several minutes, until the onions are fragrant, add in the chopped garlic (if using), stir-fry for 1-2 minutes; set aside.
- Remove veggies from the wok.
- Heat another tablespoon of oil until smoking; stir-fry the chicken strips until browned and tender.
- Add the cooked veggies back in the wok, with the cashews and the prepared sauce mix.
- Continue cooking until the sauce bubbles and thickens.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.