Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice lunch on a bed of greens or in a pita or bun. This is one of my favorite chicken salad recipes.
- 1360.77 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, cooled and chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped (include the leaves!)
- 236.59 ml chopped sweet onion
- 118.29 ml finely chopped carrot
- 226.79 g can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 177.44 ml chopped cashews
- 14.79 ml tarragon
- 1.23 ml ginger
- 295.73-473.18 ml mayonnaise (start on the low side)
- 9.85 ml reduced sodium soy sauce (sometimes I use a bit more)
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 0.59 ml salt (or more)
- Mix everything together in a large bowl.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Excellent Chicken Salad! I am not a fan of water chestnuts and I really liked them in this chicken salad. The salt amount was perfect for us, as we are very salt sensitive. I followed the recipe and did not deviate. DELICIOUS! I will make this one again!
We added more salt and pepper and water chestnuts as it needed something, and that was it. It was very easy to make. Also used fresh tarragon from our garden, yum! Thank you for sharing.