8 hrs 10 mins
I first had this at a friend's daughter's wedding reception and had to have the recipe. My friend made this for 150 guests. There are three key's to this recipe: 1. Mayonnaise, not Miracle Whip, 2. poultry seasoning, and 3. time in the frig. There are numerous other options; I think I've tried them all and are always asked for the recipe, so here 'tis.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -2 1/2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 small red apple
- 1 small green apple, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits (drain &, reserve juice)
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 3 -4 green onions, sliced
- chopped water chestnut (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- salt & pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped cashews (or more if you like)
- 1Blend first eight ingredients in large bowl;(reserve the cashews until later).
- 2Mix dressing ingredients well in small bowl.
- 3Toss with chicken mixture and refrigerate for several hours; (this is best if refrigerated over night).
- 4Before serving, add cashews and let sit for ~30 minutes. You can garnish with cherry tomatoes, cold asparagus, or even hard-boiled eggs.
- 5This salad is delicious served on a warm day stuffed in a cold ripe tomato and served on a crisp lettuce leaf with chilled lemon drenched asparagus on the side next to a warmed croissant. Hope you enjoy!
Browse Our Top Time To Make Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cashew Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.8
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 63.9 mg
- Sodium 553.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 22.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: