Recipe by LiisaN
This recipe was given to me by my friend and co-worker Lila. It is a quick and very tasty weeknight dinner. This can be doubled - just adjust cooking time.
Top Review by Eldeevee
I cut and marinated the chicken a day prior and made this in a non stick pan on the stove top. I replaced the snow peas with broccoli and sliced carrots and also added about 1/4 to a 1/3 C of water to make a bit of a sauce for the rice I served it with. We enjoyed this recipe and I will probably use the microwave in the dog days of summer when I really do not feel like cooking. Thanks for posting this simple, but tasty recipe.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon gingerroot, freshly grated
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 cup fresh snow pea
- 1⁄2 cup cashews
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave oil on high for 3 minutes in a 2 or 3 qt microwavable dish.
- Mix raw chicken chunks, soy sauce, cornstarch, ginger, garlic and sherry in separate bowl to marinate flavors.
- After oil is hot, add the chicken to the oil.
- Cover with saran wrap and microwave on high for 3 1/2 minutes.
- Add peapods and cashews.
- Microwave for 2-3 more minutes.
- Serve over rice.