Recipe by Olha
Here is a tasty dish that you can put together in minutes.
Top Review by ElaineAnn
Made exactly as posted and I wouldn't change a thing. Delicious, easy, and I had all the ingredients prepped and cut ahead of time, so it was quick too. This is a keeper! Made for Unrated Asian Recipe Tag Game.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 whole boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/8 inch strips
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1⁄3 cup roasted cashew nuts
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄4 lb green beans, cut diagonally in 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut diagonally in 1/8-inch slices
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soy sauce and 1 tablespoon cornstarch; mix well. add chicken, and stir until coated; set aside.
- heat 1 tablespoon oil in wok until hot; add nuts, stirring constantly, until browned (about 3o seconds). remove nuts, and set aside. add another tablespoon oil to pan; add chicken, and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes. remove chicken, and set aside.
- cut onion into 1/4-inch slices; cut slices in half crosswise. add remaining oil to wok, and heat to smoking. add vegetables and garlic; cover and cook 1 minute, shaking wok to prevent vegetables from sticking. remove cover; cook, stirring constantly, an additional 2 to 4 minutes.
- combine broth and 1 teaspoon cornstarch. add chicken and broth mixture to vegetables; stir until thickened. stir in cashews. yield: 2 servings.
- southern living.