1/10 Photos of Cashew Chicken Fingers With Curry Mayonnaise
Crispy chicken fingers coated with cashews dipped in spicy curry mayonnaise - yum!! This will serve 4 person as an appetizer, although we did polish off everything between the both of us! NOTE: Measure the cashews before chopping them (I use the PULSE button on my Tefal grinder). I find it's easier to use a pair of chopsticks to roll the chicken in chopped nuts, then transfer to baking pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (approximately)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (approximately)
- 200 g chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch strips (approx 2 pcs)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup roasted salted cashews (crushed or finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons oil
- 1Combine the first 7 ingredients together in a shallow plate/bowl/ziplock bag; mix well.
- 2Coat the chicken strips with the flour mixture by placing them into the ziplock bag and shaking it, or using chopsticks to dredge them in the plate.
- 3Lightly beat the egg (I put it in a wide soup bowl/plate; it's easier for dipping).
- 4Shaking off excess flour, dip the chicken fingers in the beaten egg.
- 5Immediately, roll the chicken in the crushed cashews to coat; set the nut-coated chicken onto lightly oiled baking pan.
- 6Repeat with remaining chicken.
- 7You may now bake the chicken fingers or chill it in the fridge for a few hours until you're ready to cook (chilling may help the coating to adhere better).
- 8Just before baking, drizzle melted butter/oil over chicken and bake in preheated oven at 400°F / 210°C for 10-15mins, until cooked through and golden brown.
- 9To make sauce: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- 10You may also serve the chicken fingers with ketchup or sweet Thai chili sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cashew Chicken Fingers With Curry Mayonnaise
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.9
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 107.7 mg
- Sodium 717.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 16.0 g