Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Chicken chow mein with blend of vegetables and top with whole cashew.
Make and share this Cashew Chicken Chow Mein recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb egg noodles, Hong Kong steam thin style
- 2 chicken breasts, 3/8 inch thick slice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chinese rice wine
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup celery, cube
- 1 cup yellow onion, slice
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 lb Chinese cabbage, 1 inch slice
- 1 cup green onion, minced
- 1 cup bamboo shoot, shredded
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup oyster sauce
- cornstarch paste
- 1 cup roasted cashews, whole
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with oil. Open a bag of the egg noodle adds half of the noodles and toast to a light color. Pour into a large container and keep warm. Repeat this with noodles until done.
- In a mixing bowl add chicken breast, salt, white pepper, soy sauce, rice wine, garlic powder, onion powder, cornstarch and oil. Blend well and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Heats a wok add oil to coat, heat until oil start to smoke. Add the chicken mixture stirring at all time. Add the celery, onion, carrot, cabbage, green onion and bamboo. Stirring at all time adjust and re-season to taste. After about 2 minutes of cooking add the stock and oyster sauce. Bring to a boil and thicken with cornstarch roux. Pour over the egg noodles. Top with cashew nut.