Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is a mildly seasoned casserole that my kids really liked. Would be easy to charge it up with some exotic seasonings.
Top Review by carole in orlando
Another winner, Nurse Di! We are on the South Beach Diet and this fits right in. I reduced the cashews to 3/4 cup, but other than that I didn't change anything. It took 55 minutes to cook, and it is a complete meal with some fresh fruit. Thanks so much, you've never let us down! Carole in Orlando
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups frozen broccoli cuts
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 (6 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup salted cashews, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, add in all ingredients except the cashews; mix well to combine.
- Pour mixture into a greased shallow 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is not pink.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of cashews.
- Sprinkle remaining cashews on top of casserole.
- Serve warm.