Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a mildly seasoned casserole that my kids really liked. Would be easy to charge it up with some exotic seasonings.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups frozen broccoli cuts
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 (6 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup salted cashews, divided
- In a mixing bowl, add in all ingredients except the cashews; mix well to combine.
- Pour mixture into a greased shallow 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is not pink.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of cashews.
- Sprinkle remaining cashews on top of casserole.
- Serve warm.