Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Creamy, ricey yumminess. This recipe comes from the Junior League of the Ozarks cookbook, Sassafras. It's very quick to put together.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in soup and chicken broth.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and soy sauce.
- Cook over low heat 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice.
- Spoon into a 9x13 inch baking dish and bake until liquid bubbles to the surface, 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle noodles and nuts on top and brown in oven.
Delicious...just like what my mother use to make. Thank you for the memories. Made for Spring PAC 2013.