Kristen in Chicago's Note:
This is unique and fast because you do not have to cook the macaroni first! Prep time does not include overnight refrigeration. If you do not have time, just omit the overnight refigeration. I have done that in the past with no problems.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup cubed process American cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 2/3 cup crushed saltine (about 20 crackers)
- 3/4 cup cashew halves
- 1In a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan, layer the first seven ingredients in the order listed.
- 2In a bowl, combine the soups, milk and broth.
- 3Pour over water chestnuts.
- 4Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 5Toss butter and cracker crumbs; sprinkle over casserole.
- 6Top with cashews.
- 7Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cashew Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (437 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 667.2
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 96.6 mg
- Sodium 1533.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 34.7 g