1/1 Photo of Cashew Chicken
Chef Nichol's Note:
My tasty take on a wonderful Chinese take-away, favorite! Very easy to make and family friendly as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 -4 cups oil, for deep-frying
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 10 whole dried red chilies
- 1 green onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1Combine sauce ingredients and set aside.
- 2Mix chicken with cornstarch.
- 3Heat oil.
- 4Deep-fry chicken until color changes.
- 7Deep-fry cashews in large strainer until light brown (about 30 seconds).
- 8Drain, Remove.
- 9Reheat 2 T.oil in wok.
- 10Fry chilies until dark brown.
- 11Add scallion and garlic.
- 12Stir-fry 30 seconds.
- 13Add onion, stir-fry 1 minute.
- 14Add green pepper, stir-fry 30 seconds more.
- 15Remove chilies.
- 16Pour in sauce, bring to a boil.
- 17Add chicken and nuts.
- 18Mix until chicken and nuts are glazed.
- 19Removed to serving platter.
- 20Serve over rice.
- 21*Note- you may also just stir-fry the chicken rather than deep-fry, if you choose. It still tastes wonderful!*.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cashew Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1216.7
- Calories from Fat 1066
- Total Fat 118.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 19.3 mg
- Sodium 686.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 13.4 g