Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
My tasty take on a wonderful Chinese take-away, favorite! Very easy to make and family friendly as well.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 -4 cups oil, for deep-frying
- 1⁄2 cup cashews
- 10 whole dried red chilies
- 1 green onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- Combine sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Mix chicken with cornstarch.
- Heat oil.
- Deep-fry chicken until color changes.
- Deep-fry cashews in large strainer until light brown (about 30 seconds).
- Drain, Remove.
- Reheat 2 T.oil in wok.
- Fry chilies until dark brown.
- Add scallion and garlic.
- Stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Add onion, stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add green pepper, stir-fry 30 seconds more.
- Remove chilies.
- Pour in sauce, bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and nuts.
- Mix until chicken and nuts are glazed.
- Removed to serving platter.
- Serve over rice.
- *Note- you may also just stir-fry the chicken rather than deep-fry, if you choose. It still tastes wonderful!*.