Recipe by nemokitty
This was in our local newspaper and it sounded easy and delicious!
Top Review by micro_ang
For some reason I've never mastered stir-fry or Chinese recipes, but this is the closest I've gotten. It helped me to tenderise the chicken first using baking soda then rinsing and using cornstarch on the chicken before frying.
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cubed
- 2 green bell peppers, cored and cut in chunks
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 cup cashews, unsalted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, white pepper, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil. Set aside.
- In a large, deep skillet or wok, over medium high, heat the vegetable oil until shimmering. Add the chicken and stir fry till lightly browned, 2 or 3 minutes. It should not be completely cooked through yet.
- Add the green peppers, onion and fresh ginger. Stir fry till the chicken is cooked through and the onions are translucent, about 5 or 6 minutes.
- Stir in the sauce and cashews. Enjoy!