This was in our local newspaper and it sounded easy and delicious!
Make and share this Cashew Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cubed
- 2 green bell peppers, cored and cut in chunks
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 cup cashews, unsalted
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, white pepper, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil. Set aside.
- In a large, deep skillet or wok, over medium high, heat the vegetable oil until shimmering. Add the chicken and stir fry till lightly browned, 2 or 3 minutes. It should not be completely cooked through yet.
- Add the green peppers, onion and fresh ginger. Stir fry till the chicken is cooked through and the onions are translucent, about 5 or 6 minutes.
- Stir in the sauce and cashews. Enjoy!