Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was in our local newspaper and it sounded easy and delicious!
Make and share this Cashew Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cubed
- 2 green bell peppers, cored and cut in chunks
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 cup cashews, unsalted
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, white pepper, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil. Set aside.
- In a large, deep skillet or wok, over medium high, heat the vegetable oil until shimmering. Add the chicken and stir fry till lightly browned, 2 or 3 minutes. It should not be completely cooked through yet.
- Add the green peppers, onion and fresh ginger. Stir fry till the chicken is cooked through and the onions are translucent, about 5 or 6 minutes.
- Stir in the sauce and cashews. Enjoy!
Nice stir-fry, with a bit of tang, the mixture of sauces different to what I usually make but nice for something different.
Great Chinese chicken dish!!! I made this, although scaled back to 1/2 of the amount, and subbed whole almonds for the cashews, otherwise, made as written. To me, this is more authenic tasting, by using the oyster and sesame sauces, then other recipes. My reason for 4 instead of 5 stars, is that it was too sweet for my liking, almost a sweet and sour chicken flavor.
I made as posted, except I used a mix of green, yellow, and red bell peppers. Made it very colorful! This was delicious....only thing I'd change is to add some garlic. I served mine over rice wit sides of green beans with cashews and roasted baby carrots. Delicious weeknight meal! Thanks for sharing a scrumptious meal.