Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick and easy stir fry recipe adapted from a magazine. It's a good "symbolic" dish for Chinese New Year, since the ingredients are cut into long strips which symbolize long life.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄3 cup teriyaki sauce or 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup roasted cashews
- hot cooked rice
- coarsely chopped cilantro (to garnish)
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch slices, then into 1 1/2 inch strips; toss with ginger in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken strips and stir fry 2 minutes. Add red pepper and stir fry an additional 4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add teriyaki sauce and stir fry 1 minute. Stir in cashews. Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro.
My DH just loved this dish and said he wants it again, he thinks this is the best dish I have cooked in the tour so far. That makes me very happy, as it's so quick and easy to make, as Jubes said the rice took longer. I didn't have teriyaki sauce so I used soy, and I served jasmine rice with it. This is a definite keeper. Thank you so much for posting. Made for ZWT#6 2010
* Reviewed for ZWT6 Whine and Cheese Gang * This recipe cooks up so quickly! Very tasty for such a quick and easy recipe. If you had all the ingredients prepared in advance...10 minutes cooking time max. My rice took longer to cook than this recipe. Love the cashews added in too . If you used ready cooked rice....this would be dinner in a flash. Photo also to be posted. Thanks Ice Cool Kitty :)