Recipe by GREG IN SAN DIEGO
This is an easy-to-prepare and great tasting Chinese dinner dish. Served with some Chow Mein Noodles, sweet and sour dipping sauce and fiery hot mustard, you'll have a dining experience sure to please your guests. Add a pot of hot green tea, some warmed sake and fortune cookies to finish the presentation.
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules or 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons golden brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 8 ounces sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄2 cup cashews
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, dissolve bouillon in water.
- Combine soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar and ginger.
- Stir the mixture into bouillon.
- In large skillet, brown chicken in vegetable oil, stirring constantly.
- Add bouillon mixture.
- Cook and stir until slightly thickened.
- Add remaining ingredients, except cashews and rice.
- Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally 5 to 8 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove from heat.
- Add 1/4 cup cashews.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
- Garnish with remaining cashews.