Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Very tasty and easy stir-fry meal. My family gives it the thumbs-up!!
Top Review by Sunflower
This was a delicious chicken stir-fry Nurse Di. The sauce had a nice sweet and sour flavor that complemented the chicken and cashews very well. I served this over steamed rice. My family certainly "dug" it. It is always good to find something that we will all eat. Thanks ;)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 cup roasted salted cashews
- cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine first four ingredients; add chicken and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and reserve marinade.
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet; stir-fry chicken for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink.
- With slotted spoon, remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry broccoli and carrots for 3 minutes or just until crisp-tender.
- Combine cornstarch, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger and reserved marinade; stir into vegetables.
- Cook and stir until slightly thickened and heated through.
- Stir in cashews and chicken; heat through.
- Serve over rice.