Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another Rachael Ray
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant brown rice
- 3 cups chicken stock or 3 cups broth
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon McCormick grill seasoning
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 tablespoons chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup raw cashews
- In a medium pot over medium heat, combine 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and the butter. When the butter melts into the oil, add the chopped onions and cook for two minutes.
- Add the rice and cook for three minutes more. Add the stock and cover the pot. Raise the heat to bring the stock to a rapid boil. Once the stock boils, reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender, 17 or 18 minutes.
- While the rice cooks, make the chicken. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add the remaining two tablespoons of oil and the chicken. Season the chicken with the grill seasoning. Lightly brown the chicken on both sides, then move off to one side of the pan.
- Add the onions, garlic, and bell peppers to the pan. Cook for two minutes. Mix the vegetables and the meat together and add the chipotles and cumin. Toss to coat. Glaze the mixture with honey and maple syrup and turn off the heat. Add the chopped cilantro or parsley and the nuts.
- Top the rice with the cashew chicken and serve.
This was great combo of salty, spicy and sweet! I did use leftover chicken, so I only sauteed the onions and garlic (didn't have bell pepper or chiles). I only used a total of 1 T oil. I cooked the rice in a separate pot. Used dried parsley also. Great flavor. Thanks!