Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Once again, this is a combination of several recipes. I love Cashew Chicken and have had a hard time finding a good recipe. My husband really liked this alot. This one is a keeper, according to him. Serve this over hot rice along with a steamed vegetable for a perfect meal. This makes plenty of sauce, which we love - no need to double here!
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth or 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup roasted salted cashew pieces
- 3⁄4 cup cilantro leaf
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Heat oils in large non-stick pan. Saute chicken pieces along with onion and red pepper. Lightly season chicken with salt and pepper while cooking. Halfway through cooking chicken add 1 teaspoon minced garlic.
- While chicken is cooking mix all sauce ingredients in small mixing bowl.
- Once chicken is cooked through add sauce ingredients to pan. Bring to a boil.
- Mix corn starch and the 2 tablespoons of chicken broth or water in small bowl.
- While stirring chicken mixture pour corn starch mixture into pan and bring back to a boil until thickened.
- Just before serving take the pan off of the heat and add the cashews and cilantro leaves. Stir in until cilantro leaves are wilted.