Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from my Rachael Ray 30 Minute Meal cookbook. Simple, quick and it tastes great too. Serve on top of Jasmine rice.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced and mashed
- 2 tablespoons rice wine or 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 (7 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted cashews
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced on the angle
- black pepper
- In a bowl combine diced chicken breast with 1 tablespoon seasme oil, garlic, rice wine, red pepper and black pepper.
- Set it aside for a bit.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining tablespoon of sesame oil in wok or large nonstick skillet over high heat until it smokes just a little bit.
- Add carrot and stir fry for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add the coated chicken and cook for another 3 or 4 minutes, until cooked and no longer pink.
- Add the bell pepper and chestnuts and heat for 1 to 2 mintues.
- Add hoisin and toss to coat evenly.
- Put chicken on plate (over rice if you'd like) and top with cashews and green onions.