Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another one of our favorites. It takes a little time but well worth it.
Make and share this Cashew Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄2 cup cashews
- cooked rice
- Make rice and set aside. Keep warm.
- Dissolve bouillon in 1 1/4 cups boiling water. Combine soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, and ginger; stir into bouillon mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken, and cook until browned, stirring often. Stir in bouillon mixture; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until thickened. Add mushrooms and next 3 ingredients to skillet; saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in cashews. Serve over hot cooked rice.
I would call this fast and easy. It needs a bit more taste with some sesame oil and I would add onions next time. Very good though.
This was great and everyone who tried it loved it! To the sauce I added a little sesame oil and red pepper flakes. I also added some baby corn to the mix too. Once it was cooked I added a little Siracha hot sauce for some kick. Next time I may add some bok choy too. So much better than chinese take out.
We liked this a lot. I would have liked some sesame oil in the regular oil next time. I used boneless chicken thighs and used bamboo shoots for the water chestnuts and I skipped the green peppers but I added some red pepper flakes for some heat. When it was time to add the cashews, I grabbed my can and realized it was almonds! I skipped the nuts too. It was still very good and I liked that is wasn't too sweet. Thank you!