- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄2 cup cashews
- cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Make rice and set aside. Keep warm.
- Dissolve bouillon in 1 1/4 cups boiling water. Combine soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, and ginger; stir into bouillon mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken, and cook until browned, stirring often. Stir in bouillon mixture; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until thickened. Add mushrooms and next 3 ingredients to skillet; saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in cashews. Serve over hot cooked rice.