A very nice Asian taste! Love cashews! Serve with a nice crisp salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked long-grain rice (brown if you prefer)
- 1 2/3 cups water or 1 2/3 cups chicken stock
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- hoisin sauce
- wheat germ or breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1/4 cup cashews, chopped in pieces
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil (or veggie oil)
- 1/2 lb snap peas
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and quartered
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- lemon wedge
- 1Cook rice in water or stock or as directed on package.
- 2Rinse chicken and dry well with paper towel.
- 3Coat chicken well with hoisin sauce.
- 4Roll in wheat germ or bread crumbs until well coated.
- 5Spray fry pan with veggie oil.
- 6Brown chicken until cooked through.
- 7Cool slightly, cut into bite size pieces.
- 8Spread cut chicken pieces on ungreased cookie sheet, bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes until crisp.
- 9Add cashews to cookie sheet for the last 3 minutes of baking time.
- 10Set aside and keep warm.
- 11In a small bowl, whisk together broth, teriyaki sauce, hoisin sauce and cornstarch, until well blended, set aside.
- 12Heat sesame oil in large fry pan over medium high heat until hot but not smoking.
- 13Add snap peas, cook and stir for 3 minutes until tender-crisp, stir in water chestnuts and bamboo shoots.
- 14Add sauce mixture to veggies, cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring often.
- 15Fold in chicken, sprinkle with cashews.
- 16Serve at once over hot rice, Garnish with lemon wedges.
- 17To speed up the process, frozen cooked breaded chicken nuggets (10-12 cut in half) can be used in place of the chicken breasts.
- 18Start by placing nuggets in oven on cookie sheet at 400°F, etc--the taste will be different, not as Asian.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cashew Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (505 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.2
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 38.0 mg
- Sodium 801.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 23.5 g