Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is nummy! Always gets reviews.
Make and share this Cashew Caramel Fudge recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons butter, plus
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened divided (no substiitutes)
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 oz.)
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 24 caramels, quartered
- 3⁄4 cup salted cashew halves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line a 9inch square baking pan with foil; butter the foil with 2 tbls. butter.
- Set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine milk, sugar and remaining butter.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a rapid boil; boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in chocolate chips and marshmallow creme until melted.
- Fold in caramels, cashews and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour in prepared pan.
- Remove from pan and cut into 1-inch squares.
- Store at room temperature.
Thanks for saving me. I had a batch of caramel that didn't quite make it. It would solidify but then, like a non-Newtonian fluid, the minute I cut it, it would slowly ooze into a solid mass again. But there was a can of cashews in the house and this recipe. A lovely soft, velvety texture with just a hint of caramel and the occasional crunch of cashews.