Very good, very simple cake my mom gets every year for Mother's Day. I sometimes add crushed cashews to the cake batter as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coat two 8-inch round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray, and lightly flour.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, 1/2 cup butter, the water, eggs, and almond extract; mix well.
- 3Pour the batter into the prepared cake pans, dividing evenly.
- 4Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 5Let cool, then remove from the pans to cool completely.
- 6Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, make frosting by combining the remaining 1/2 cup butter, the confectioners' sugar, milk, and rum extract; mix until smooth.
- 7Stir in the crushed cashews until mixed through.
- 8Place 1 cake layer upside down on a serving plate and frost the top.
- 9Place the second layer over the first and frost the top and sides of the cake completely.
- 10Garnish with the whole cashews then cover loosely and chill until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cashew Cake
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 849.2
- Calories from Fat 365
- Total Fat 40.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 142.6 mg
- Sodium 729.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 116.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 87.8 g
- Protein 8.3 g