Prep 30 mins
Cook 22 mins
In ‘750 Best Muffin Recipes’ by Camilla Saulsbury
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup lightly salted roasted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup English toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, egg, butter and vanilla until well blended.
- Whisk in sour cream.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Gently fold in cashews and toffee bits.
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in oven for 18-22 minutes or until tops are golden and a pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 3 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool.