The classic combination of sweet and salty with a sophisticated marriage of rich cashews and creamy butterscotch. These would look pretty and inviting as part of an assortment, or wrapped up and tied with a bold colored ribbon as a holiday gift. (Recipe from a Land 'O Lakes cookie magazine.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350*F. Grease a 13x9" baking pan.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, butter and salt; blend with an electric mixer on low speed until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3Press the mixture into the prepared pan; bake 10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, combine the corn syrup, butterscotch chips, butter, water, and salt in a 2-qt. saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the chips are melted and the mixture is smooth (4-7 minutes).
- 5Stir in the cashews until well coated.
- 6Spread cashew mixture evenly over the hot crust; coninue baking 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7Cool completely; cut into bars. Store airtight.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cashew-Butterscotch Bars
Serving Size: 1 (975 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.4
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 8.4 mg
- Sodium 99.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 1.5 g