Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The classic combination of sweet and salty with a sophisticated marriage of rich cashews and creamy butterscotch. These would look pretty and inviting as part of an assortment, or wrapped up and tied with a bold colored ribbon as a holiday gift. (Recipe from a Land 'O Lakes cookie magazine.)
- Heat oven to 350*F. Grease a 13x9" baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, butter and salt; blend with an electric mixer on low speed until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan; bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the corn syrup, butterscotch chips, butter, water, and salt in a 2-qt. saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the chips are melted and the mixture is smooth (4-7 minutes).
- Stir in the cashews until well coated.
- Spread cashew mixture evenly over the hot crust; coninue baking 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely; cut into bars. Store airtight.