Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Consider making this for the kids’ Halloween party: a big bowl of crunchy, buttery kettle corn. Better yet, save it for the adults’ party later on. Recipe Source: Relish Mag
- 14 cups freshly popped popcorn (made from about 1/2 cup popcorn kernels and 2 tablespoons canola oil)
- 1 1⁄2 cups salted roasted cashews
- 8 tablespoons butter, plus additional for greasing
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 250°F Lightly butter a large baking sheet; spread popcorn and cashews on sheet. Keep warm in oven.
- Mix butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and salt in a small saucepan; stir frequently until simmering and sugar dissolves. Clip a candy thermometer to the inside of the pan and continue cooking undisturbed until temperature reaches 248F (firm-ball stage).
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda. The mixture will roil vigorously; continue stirring until smooth.
- Drizzle sugar mixture evenly over popcorn and cashews; toss well with flat metal spatula or spoon.
- Bake 45 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheet, then store in a covered container at room temperature up to 3 days.