Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a candy i make for Christmas. Very, very tasty. I get requests for this for gifts.
Make and share this Cashew Butter Crunch recipe from Food.com.
- In 2 quart sauce pan combine sugar, butter and corn syrup.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until candy thermometer reaches 290.
- About 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in cashews.
- Spread 1/4" thickness on a waxed paper lined jellyroll pan.
- Cool completely, break into pieces.
- Store in air tight container.
This is exactly the recipe I was looking for! At one time we had a number of Amish families in our area, and they sold Cashew Crunch at their home bakery and at several stores in the area. I am planning a candy making demonstration, and wanted to include a Cashew Crunch recipe. This is it! It is buttery with a nice crunch, not sticky or too tough. It would make a fabulous hostess gift or addition to a gift basket. Heck, it's good anytime.
SO good! I don't have a candy thermometer so I boiled and stirred constantly until hard crack stage, which worked just fine. I discovered (I have never made candy of any kind before) that once the cashews go in you need to work QUICKLY as it hardens fast. I'll make another batch of this tomorrow night and then it will be going with me on Wednesday to my office potluck. It is being eagerly awaited by several hungry coworkers!