From GE Microwave cookbook, 1977. Fast and easy brittle that sure beats standing over the stove stirring! Have made this so many times I can count them all.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In 1 1/2 qt casserole, stir together sugar and syrup.
- 2Micro on high for 4 minutes.
- 3Stir in cashews.
- 4Micro on high 3-5 minutes only until light brown.
- 5Add butter and vanilla, blending well.
- 6Micro on high 1-2 minutes more.
- 7Nuts will be lightly browned and syrup very hot!
- 8Add baking soda and stir gently stir until light and foamy.
- 9Pour onto lightly greased cookie sheet.
- 10Cool 30-60 minutes.
- 11Break into small pieces and store in airtight container.
- 12NOTE: can sub 1 cup salted peanuts, OR 1 cup pecan halves, OR 1 cup dry roasted almonds with 1 tsp almond extract for the vanilla and omit butter adding 1 cup shredded coconut with the almond extract.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cashew Brittle (Microwave)
Serving Size: 1 (521 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2088.5
- Calories from Fat 608
- Total Fat 67.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 10.0 mg
- Sodium 2268.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 376.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 252.8 g
- Protein 21.0 g