Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This "brittle" is great because it doesn't get so hard that your teeth break trying to bite it! It's super easy to make. It's light, crunchy and sweet. You could use different nuts in it, but I like the cashews best. I triple the batch because it goes fast!
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil, and keep boiling while stirring constantly until mixture turns Tan in color and leaves the sides of the pan (hard crack stage, 295 degrees).
- Add cashews, stir well and pour onto a greased cookie sheet or silicone covered pan.
- Spread to desired thickness (1/8 to 1/4 inch).
- Cool and then break into bite-sized pieces.