Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My parents own a candy store and my Dad is always trying something with a twist. I love cashews so this is his answer for a brittle.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 1⁄2 cups salted cashew pieces
- Mix baking soda, 1-teaspoon water and vanilla and set aside.
- Mix sugar, 1/2-cup water and the corn syrup in a copper constant stir kettle.
- Cook over medium heat until 240 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Add butter and cashews.
- Cook until 300 degrees on candy thermometer.
- Immediately turn off the heat.
- Quickly stir in baking soda mixture until light and foamy.
- Pour onto a half sheet pan, roll with a marble rolling pin until about ¼ inch thick.
- Cool completely: at least 1 hour.
- Break into pieces and store in a covered container.
- This makes about 3.25 lbs of brittle.
Turned out great!! Thank You!!
This is sooooo wonerful and it was sooooo easy.. you must try..