Chef #856573's Note:
My parents own a candy store and my Dad is always trying something with a twist. I love cashews so this is his answer for a brittle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix baking soda, 1-teaspoon water and vanilla and set aside.
- 2Mix sugar, 1/2-cup water and the corn syrup in a copper constant stir kettle.
- 3Cook over medium heat until 240 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- 4Add butter and cashews.
- 5Cook until 300 degrees on candy thermometer.
- 6Immediately turn off the heat.
- 7Quickly stir in baking soda mixture until light and foamy.
- 8Pour onto a half sheet pan, roll with a marble rolling pin until about ¼ inch thick.
- 9Cool completely: at least 1 hour.
- 10Break into pieces and store in a covered container.
- 11This makes about 3.25 lbs of brittle.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cashew Brittle
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1209.5
- Calories from Fat 498
- Total Fat 55.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 957.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 177.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 120.4 g
- Protein 15.8 g