Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so simple yet amazingly delicious!!! Use it on pasta, chicken, fish or spread on crackers or crostini!!! You can use any kind of cashew. I like to use the roasted salted cashew pieces. But if you want unsalted, just adjust the amount of salt at the end.
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cashews (see note)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- In a food processor, finely chop basil, garlic, cashews and cheese.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil. (Use amount that will make to desired consistency.).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This is delicious! I used fresh basil from my garden, roasted salted cashews (which means I needed less salt at the end) and a little squeeze of lemon. My pesto was quite thick because I ran out of olive oil, but it's delicious. The taste of the cashews really comes out, and of course they are much more affordable than pine nuts. I can't wait to try it with pasta or fish. Made for ZWT 7 - Shady Ladies.
Love this pesto, I have made it twice, first time didn't use as much oil, second time followed oil amount in recipe. Think I prefer it with slightly less oil. I've used it as a pasta sauce, in dips, and on toast. This is now a family favourite and I like that it doesn't use pine nuts. Thanks for sharing.
This is Delish! Made it for the top of a soup for the cafe I work in. My boss said it was the best pesto she's ever tasted. Definitely a winner! will make again.