Recipe by grandma2969
my husband loves cashews and these cookies fit the bill
Top Review by sprout 13
I made these to take to a party and everybody loved them. Cut small because they are rich. I used chocolate chips instead of butterscotch and only had dark corn syrup so used that in place of white. I liked that they were sweet, but not overwhelmingly so. The texture of the topping layer is chewy and wonderful. I'm giving four stars instead of five because, while tasty, I though the crust was a little too greasy-rich. Next time I make these I will probably reduce the butter by a couple of tablespoons and a bit of water so the crust still holds together.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup white corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup cashews, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- mix flour, brown sugar, butter and salt as for pie crust.
- press into a 13x9" baking pan --
- bake for 10 minutes at 350*.
- cool on wire completely.
- cook over low heat, just enough to melt chips, butter, syrup and water.put nuts evenly on cooled crust --
- pour butterscotch mixture over nuts and crust.
- bake 10 more minutes at 350*.
- cool somewhat before cutting.