Recipe by Starrynews
I was looking for a new way to use up some asparagus and stumbled across a recipe on Yahoo!Food that gave me the inspiration for this. It worked great as a side for some chicken, but it would also make a nice main dish over some jasmine rice (just adjust the serving size accordingly). We like our veggies more on the crisp side, so if you like yours softer, just saute until done to your liking :)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, woody ends removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cashews
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Saute asparagus, mushrooms, onion, and red pepper over medium heat until crisp tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch and pepper until cornstarch is completely blended inches.
- Add soy sauce, sherry, and water, mixing well. Coat all veggies and heat through.
- Just before serving, stir in cashews.