Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad gets the most compliments and requests. Kids and adults both love it. A Must try, and it is perfect for any occasion.
- 2 heads chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups diced boneless skinless chicken breasts (marinated in yoshidos)
- 1⁄2 cup diced spring onion
- 3⁄4 cup lightly chopped cashews
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 (8 ounce) package wonton wrappers (sliced in 1/2 fried and salted)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 dashes garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- Mix and toss salad.
- Place all ingredients in glass jar and shake well. Pour over salad and toss well.
This was such a great salad! I really enjoyed the dressing. This did take a while longer than 15 minutes, if you don't have already cooked chicken and already fried wontons, but it is still a quick dinner to put together. Thank you for posting, we will make this again and again. :)
DBF took two bites and exclaimed "You have got to make this again! This is awesome!" I really liked it because it was easy to make and the dressing wasn't too overpowering. I did halve the dressing recipe in order to cut a few calories, but it was really tasty, so I may make an entire bottle next time just to have around. I also baked the wontons, and didn't use a full package, to cut out a little more fat. This will definitely go into the salad rotation. Thanks homegirl!
Out of this world! The flavors blend together beautifully. I have even made a bottle of just the sauce that I will use for marinating and as a sauce for other recipes as well. Thanks for sharing this with the community Homegirl.