Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This bright green garlicky spread makes a great pizza or noodle topper.
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, washed and picked
- 3 tablespoons fresh pureed garlic
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup raw whole cashews
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Process the cashews with the olive oil until finely ground.
- Add the garlic and process again.
- Add the spinach and lemon juice and nutritional yeast, using 1/4 first of the yeast to start.
- Taste and add some salt and pepper as desired.
- If wanted, add reserved yeast.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper again.
- Chill and serve or use as traditionally used.
This is totally fantastic. I put this over noodles and grilled summer veggies. Totally tasty, and my kids loved it as well!
Karyl Lee, great recipe! I used as a pizza spread/topping and added some fresh diced hot peppers and grated mozzarella. DD made hers with mozz and sliced baked aggplant. Delicious!