Recipe by Chef floWer
I was cooking a whole Turkey and I didn’t know what to use for the stuffing. So my workmate suggested this recipe. She found it in a Christmas book called ‘Family Circle, The tastes of Christmas, step-by-step’
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
I had a little chicken waiting to be roasted an stuffed with the unique and delicious herb stuffing. I love stuffing turkey or chicken, and this stuffing recipe is no exception to enhancing the same old roasted chicken. The only change I made for this recipe was using white rice instead of brown, but other then that, followed this exactly. What an incrediable taste sensation! I continue to have an abundance of fresh mint growing and that taste, coupled with the lemon zest, cashews was beyond outstanding. The nuts added such a nice crunch to this stuffing, and just the taste of the stuffing developed over the roasting time in the oven. I thought we might have extra, but DS came over and well....that was the end of the stuffing. Plate licked clean, and "do we have anymore" was asked. Another purrrfect Chef floWer recipe, thank you!
- 60 g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 465 g brown rice, cooked
- 185 g dried apricots, chopped
- 80 g unsalted cashews, chopped
- 15 g fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 60 g butter in a pan, add 1 chopped onion and 2 crushed garlic cloves and cook until golden. Transfer to a large bowl and allow to cool. Add 2.5 cups (465 g) cooked brown rice, 1 cup (185 g) chopped dried apricots, 1/2 cup (80 g) chopped unsalted cashews, ¼ cup (15 g) chopped fresh parsley, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuffing is enough for a 4.5 kg turkey.
- Suitable for roast turkey or duck.