Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From today's City Times newspaper. This Sri Lankan speciality is rich and when served with ghee rice, it becomes a wholesome meal.
- 200 g cashew nuts
- 200 g fresh green peas (If using frozen peas, defrost, then use)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder (yellow powder)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 -5 curry leaves
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and allow to crackle.
- Add curry leaves and saute for a few brief seconds.
- Add all the remaining ingredients.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with plain white Basmati rice or ghee rice (recipe posted separately) and papaddams.
I think I'm in love with curry leaves now! Too bad they are hard to find...Made this with your Ghee Rice and also with your Yogurt Cucumber Mint Salad, which I put thru the blender... Thank you for your cheerful recipes!