Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is so great...why buy someone else's granola when you can bake up this tasty dish...and it is really easy to put together. I like chopped dates for the fruit, but raisins or dried cranberries would also be tasty!
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 3⁄4 cup coconut, shredded and sweetened
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut and brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl or liquid measuring cup, combine maple syrup, oil and salt.
- Combine both mixtures by slowly pouring the liquid over the oatmeal mixture and stirring well. Bake in one or two large rimmed baking sheets, spreading out into an even layer on each sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden.
- Remove from the oven and transfer into a large bowl, breaking up the clumps. Add the dried fruit and mix until evenly distributed.
- Store in an airtight container.