3 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A savory first course. From Carole Norman at Crackpots. Adapted from The New Irish Table. Prep time includes time for the pears to marinate. Cook time includes cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 7 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon mixed peppercorns
- 15 ounces canned pears, drained and sliced
- 1 1/4 cups crumbs from digestive biscuits (graham crackers may be used, but they are sweeter)
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 6 ounces blue cheese, cut into small pieces, Cashel Blue preferred
- 6 eggs
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 10 ounces mixed salad greens (optional)
- 1Combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper and peppercorns in a jar.
- 2Cover tightly and shake until well-blended.
- 3Place pears in a glass bowl and pour the dressing over them.
- 4Cover and refrigerate 2-4 hours.
- 5Preheat oven to 350°.
- 6Combine biscuit crumbs and scallions in a small bowl.
- 7Blend in butter.
- 8Press into the bottom of a lightly buttered 9" springform pan (or eight 4" springform pans).
- 9Bake until lightly browned, 8-10 minutes.
- 10Let cool on a rack for 20 minutes.
- 11Sprinkle blue cheese over base.
- 12Place eggs, cream cheese, chives and green onions in a food processor.
- 13Process until smooth, 10-20 seconds.
- 14Sprinkle with pepper.
- 15Spoon over the blue cheese.
- 16Bake until browned and set, about 25-30 minutes.
- 17Let cool on a rack for 25-30 minutes.
- 18Remove sides of pan(s).
- 19To serve, place slices or individual cheesecakes on a plate, and surround with greens and pears.
- 20Drizzle some of the pear juice over the greens.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cashel Blue Cheesecake With Pickled Pears
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 805.0
- Calories from Fat 696
- Total Fat 77.4 g
- Saturated Fat 35.3 g
- Cholesterol 294.9 mg
- Sodium 632.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 15.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: