Recipe by DeeCooks
I had this at The Davenport Cash store, which is north of Santa Cruz, CA. While everyone's dish was good, they all wanted bites of mine! Luckily it was easy to duplicate at home. I've used other breads, but I think a quality white sandwich bread best lets the flavor shine through. I've also baked several (at about 400 degrees, til golden browned) and then cut into quarters for appetizers at a brunch.
Top Review by alligirl
Soooo good! I love treating myself at home, with a gourmet sandwich for lunch! I'd be proud to serve this to friends and family! I enjoyed the salty ham, tempered with the sweet, crispy pear and the oozing goodness of brie! I did use Hawaiian bread, as it is what I had on hand....WOW...10 stars in my book! Wish I'd thought of it, but so glad I found this...going in my Best of 2011! Thanks so much for sharing, DeeCooks!
- 2 slices firm white bread
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (about)
- 2 -3 slices of good ham (thin slices)
- 2 ounces brie cheese, rind removed if desired, sliced
- 1⁄2 firm pear, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat skillet.
- Butter each slice of bread. Place one slice butter side down, then spread with mayo.
- Layer ham, brie, then pear.
- Top with last slice of bread, butter side up.
- Brown SLOWLY, then flip to brown other side until brie is melted and ham is warm.