Casey's BBQ's Note:
A very tasty and moist pulled pork that has a lot of flavor. This is loved by all that have tried it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take the shoulder and clean it off under cold water & dry.
- 2Now wash the pork with 1/2 cup of apple juice but do not dry.
- 3Mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl to make the dry rub. Rub on pork liberally (there will be extra left over, set aside left over rub in a air tight container for future use).
- 4Set in refrigerator overnight.
- 5Using the remaining 3 1/2 cups of apple juice and about 1/2 cup of the BBQ sauce, mix together in a bowl as a mop sauce.
- 6Start smoker using lump charcoal. Be careful if using lighter fluid IT WILL FLAVOR THE FOOD. Apply apple, cherry or maple wood (oak, hickory or mesquite also work, but with less wood) in your smoker.
- 7Place meat fatty side up in smoker for 4-6 hours, mopping the pork every 30 minutes to an hour.
- 8Take out after the internal temperature reaches the safe to eat zone.
- 9Let cool a little and pull apart. Serve and eat with the remaining BBQ Sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Casey's Smoked Pulled Pork
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 779.8
- Calories from Fat 376
- Total Fat 41.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 161.0 mg
- Sodium 1961.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 53.9 g
- Protein 39.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: