Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Olive Garden's Caserecce Pasta & Red Sauce
Make and share this Caserecce Pasta & Red Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb casereccce pasta, cooked according to package directions (or your favorite small shaped pasta)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 (29 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 3⁄4 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- freshly Italian parsley, for garnish
- HEAT oil in a saucepot and add onions, garlic and bay leaf. Saute until golden brown, being careful not to burn. Add tomato sauce and paste, water and seasoning. Simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- TOSS cooked, drained pasta into sauce.
- TRANSFER to a large serving platter. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.