Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Casco Bay is a beautiful area off the coast of Maine.
- 1 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 8 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 6 ounces crabmeat (picked over)
- 1 medium ripe tomatoes, diced
- Cook rice according to package directions to make 3 cups cooked rice.
- Drain artichokes and reserve marinade.
- Chop the artichokes and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat reserved marinade for 20 seconds and then add onions.
- Over medium heat, cook onion until dark golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add sherry and wine and bring to a boil.
- Add shrimp, basil, salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- Add crabmeat, tomatoes, and cooked rice.
- Heat through, tossing to mix evenly.
- Serve hot.
A very nice combination of seafood and rice! My marinated artichokes didnt have enough liquid so I used lemon infused olive oil, also added 2 cloves of garlic with the onion. Thanks Kim this one is a keeper!
I used fresh basil,old bay seasoning, and added garlic.I think this would be great if made with orzo. A very good dish.