- 1 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 8 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 6 ounces crabmeat (picked over)
- 1 medium ripe tomatoes, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions to make 3 cups cooked rice.
- Drain artichokes and reserve marinade.
- Chop the artichokes and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat reserved marinade for 20 seconds and then add onions.
- Over medium heat, cook onion until dark golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add sherry and wine and bring to a boil.
- Add shrimp, basil, salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- Add crabmeat, tomatoes, and cooked rice.
- Heat through, tossing to mix evenly.
- Serve hot.