Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Cascaron - Bitsu-Bitsu (Dough Balls) recipe from Food.com.
- mochi flour
- 1 coconut, grated, place coconut in a large bowl
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water, pour into bowl of coconut
- dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- Squeeze grated coconut in water then strain coconut water in clean dish towel or cheesecloth over another bowl.
- Squeeze until all liquid has been extracted (Instead of fresh coconut, you may use 1/2 can of grated coconut and 1 1/2 cups of water).
- Place canned coconut in 1 package of mochi flour and add water until dough is soft but not too sticky.
- Do the same with fresh coconut.
- Shape dough in balls of 1 inch diameter and fry in deep fat until golden brown.
- Drain dough balls on paper towel.
- Then put them in a large mixing bowl.
- When all have been fried, boil water and 1/3 box brown sugar in a small sauce pan until it reaches the soft boil stage.
- This is done by placing a drop of syrup in a bowl of cold water.
- If it retains it shape and is soft, it is ready.
- Pour over dough balls.
- Mix well so that all are coated with syrup.
- Remove from bowl and place them in a platter to cool.
- Excellent with coffee or tea.