Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My wife and I loved eating at the Cascades Restaurant in Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia. The breakfast buffet was spectacular, and dinner in the evenings was always a romantic experience. Our favorite salad dressing from the Restaurant was their homemade Pepper Dressing. This recipe, for an amount for the home cook, was in the Williamsburg Cookbook. When we made it at home, we discovered it also is a great dip for raw vegetables. Unfortunately, the restaurant is now gone, but our memories of it live on when we serve this dressing.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bottled steak sauce (we use A-1)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, freshly cracked
- Blend ingredients together, whipping by hand.
- Refrigerate before serving.