Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Very North African in flavour! Spice mix can be used with fish and a flavouring for rice. You could serve this dish with Couscous, rice, pilaf or even steamed baby potatoes
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- oil (for sauteing)
Casablanca spice mix
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- Brush chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with enough spice mix to coat both sides.
- Heat about a tbs of oil in a pan and sauté the chicken for about 4 minutes each side (careful not to overcook!).
- For spice mix: Combine everything and store in a jar or bottle.
lovely. great color and crust on the chicken. i threw a little of the spice mix in my couscous and shallots too. and served with acorn squash roasted with maple syrup.
I just made this, and the chicken came out with a great depth of flavor. I did make one change though, I didn't have any orange rind, so instead of brushing the chicken breast with olive oil I brushed it with Orange Juice(with pulp) and sprinkled the spice on both sides. The spice stuck well, and I used about a 1 teaspoon of olive oil to lightly fry the chicken.
What a fantastic recipe!! I used thighs and legs with the skin on - and rubbed a ton of the spices into the chicken and let it marinate for two days. EXCELLENT!!! Broiled the chicken until the spice rub became a browned, caramelized crust ..wonderful! Try it with Moroccan Rice #82603 - you won't believe how good these are together. Thanks Julie!!! --