Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This tropical mixture of creamy coconut milk spiked with lime juice and sweet melon makes for a marvelous summer dessert. Try it with your favorite melon if you cannot get the very sweet casaba melon in your area. The simple sauce works well with all melons.
- 8 ounces coconut milk
- 1 lime, zest and juice of,finely grated
- 4 cups cubed casaba melon
- 1⁄4 cup toasted shredded coconut
- additional lime zest (to garnish) (optional)
- Mix together the coconut milk, lime juice, and zest in a large bowl until well mixed.
- Add the melon and toss well.
- Chill for at least one hour, and up to three hours.
- Garnish with the toasted coconut and lime zest and serve chilled.
This sounded very tasty to me, I love fruit! But, next I make this I will NOT add the lime juice because it curdled the coconut milk.
This was delicious! You definitely need to allow it to chill for a few hours for best flavor.